What is chromotherapy?
Chromotherapy is a luxury that has many benefits. We aim to showcase the history and benefits below but dont just take our word for it watch our tranquility system, see the calming and positive effects the colour variations have on the bath water. Imagine being in the bath tub the whirlpool system working away at your tired muscles and the colour change LED setting your mood.
Luna Spas and Chromotherapy / Colour TherapyAt Luna Spas our ambition is to make luxury bathing an affordable lifestyle experience and at the pinnacle of luxury bathing is chromotherapy. We believe that chromotherapy working in conjunction with your hydrotherapy bath is central to the art of taking care of yourself. In the pursuit of this we fit state-of-the-art RGB chromotherapy lights. These cutting edge LED bulbs give a much greater light output, than standard LED’s, bathing the whole bath in light and producing an unrivalled in-depth colouration. Also featuring a life expectancy of 100,000 hours they have ten times the lasting power of your ordinary version. We believe in colour therapy and fit as standard, 2x chromotherapy LED’s to our Tranquillity systems and offer as an option on all our Super Lux and Quantum whirlpool systems.
Below we hope to answer any questions you may have regarding chromotherapy / colour therapy by looking at the following:
- 1. What is Chromotherapy?In the broadest sense possible chromotherapy or colour therapy is the science of using colours to adjust and optimize body vibrations to frequencies that result in not only health and harmony but also by restoring the imbalances caused by stressful routines. Based on a firm belief that the human body is basically composed of colours, Chromotherapy seeks to solve any issues by enhancing mood and promoting positive energy and feelings. Each colour in the spectrum has the capacity for frequencies of a specific vibration. It follows then that each vibration is related to a different physical symptom. The treatment is about the fine tuning of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual healing by way of the seven colour spectrum adopted from ancient Indian, Egyptian and Chinese healing practices.
- 2. Why is the Chromotherapy offered by Luna Spas the best available?Unlike the cheap Chinese imports, which are often included ‘free’ with the baths, all our chromotherapy LED’s are supplied with an electronic control, which gives the functionality required to properly, immerse yourself in the healing power of light. Again ‘cheap’ LED’s often just rotate through a limited selection of colours, which is not chromotherapy. Not only do our LED’s have x9 colour options to choose from they also have a selection of automatic sequences to make the most of your experience. These include Energy, Tonic, Relax and Sun. For example the Sun sequence starts with 20 seconds of Yellow > Orange 15s > Yellow 20s > Light Blue 15s > Yellow 20s > White 15s then repeat. This sequence works to act against seasonal light deficiency.
- 3. Chromotherapy through the ages.Since 2000 B.C, colour light therapy has been utilised to heal disease and observe our mental and physical state through our perception of the seven colour spectrum. Taking both a physiological and psychological approach, colour treatment is now able to solve the problem of chemical imbalances in the body as well as improve and make us more mindful of our mental health by using different colours and combinations to pinpoint and treat the disease or infected area. These days chromotherapy not only can heal the diseased frequency of the body through replenishing and creating positive energies but can also introduce and enhance actual chemical elements/vibration into the body in a non-toxic form.
- 4. What are real world symptoms of inadequate light?As winter approaches and a lack of light becomes a very real issue for many people, chromotherapy is fast becoming a popular option for those affected by SAD and other related dispositions. Safe, simple, efficient and highly effective, colour lighting therapy helps to prove the fact that colour is an observable symptom of disease and seeks to reduce and redress any imbalance – both mental and physical. Light is the closest thing to pure energy that we can identify so it is valid to say that colour as pure vibrational energy is a rational and recognised therapy for maintaining health and overcoming disease.
- 5. Is it proven to work?The aim and guiding principle of chromotherapy is to cure disease by restoring the normal balance of colour energies of the body. Popular opinion holds that it is as an alternative form of therapy and so it hasn’t been subject to formal scientific trails as yet. However, much like the ancient Indian belief in chakras and auras, there is a lot of anecdotal and traditional evidence that the use of coloured light can contribute to an overall feeling of physical and mental well-being and positivity. In this way chromotherapy provides colours for the aura around the body, which in turn transfers energy to the physical body by way of vibrational frequencies.
- 6. Chromotherapy and bathing.Having done your research, the question then arises - how do I make the most of the power of light in my bathing spa experience? We offer and fit touch controlled colour therapy LED(s) to your chosen spa bath, depending on your system of choice:-Quantum Range, Super Lux Systems, or Tranquility Pools.
The chromotherapy light(s) we provide are mounted under the water level so as to colour all the water and make an impact on the entire mood of your bathroom oasis - the subtle and soft colour changes encourage and nurture relaxation and peace within. Colours provide energies and by combining them it is possible to feel harmony and tranquility. Not only does the array of colours create a stunning and sophisticated ambience and aesthetic to your space, rest assured in the many benefits of what is more than just a pseudo-science. See below for a brief outline of how each colour effects your mood, balance and energies.
Red (the base of the spine)
Imparts energy, empowerment and motivation, and is believed to improve circulation and stimulate red blood cell production. It is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
Orange (happiness, serenity)
The energy and the happiness of yellow and red together. Orange stimulates the vital functions of the organism; appetite, enthusiasm, creativity. Activates and eliminates localized fat. Assists with asthma and bronchitis
Yellow (the solar plexus)
Stimulates wisdom and clarity, and is thought to have decongestant and anti- bacterial action whilst invigorating both the digestive and the lymphatic systems. A Strong yellow strengthens the body and activates internal tissues. Also known as the brightest colour used in chromotherapy, it has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
Green (the heart)
Produces a feeling of calm that is considered effective in ulcer treatment and because
of its seeming antiseptic properties, it can be used for the alleviation of bacterial infections. It is a colour associated with harmony and provides a neutral, positive calming effect. A Strong green provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation.
Blue (the throat)
Encourages communication and knowledge. Thanks to its detoxifying effect, it is used to treat liver disorders and jaundice.
Blue is known to promote relaxation and calm. It also exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain. A Strong blue lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
Indigo (the brow)
Acts as a calming sedative, promoting intuition and is said to be helpful in controlling bleeding and abscesses. Indigo is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
Violet (the crown)
Promotes enlightenment, elevation and spiritual awakening whilst soothing the internal organs, relaxing muscles and calming the nervous system. It has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.
Pink activates and eliminates impurities in the blood stream. A Strong pink can act as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- 7. Is there any specific length of time and time of day I should use colour therapy?In practical terms and by following the recommendation of experts, 30 minutes a day are enough to get the full benefits of colour therapy. So, choose a specific colour or combination thereof, to suit or rotate through, for an overall sense of well- being using our chromotherapy LED Lights.
There is no single moment during the day which is more important or of more spiritual value than another so never forget that, every moment is a blessing and to choose the most balanced one with the right vibration for you - that is - when you are most willing to abandon the world and remain in harmony with yourself and your aura, should be of most importance. Feel the vibrations of realigning your chakras and rejuvenate your soul with a chromotherapy home spa treatment. Immerse yourself into a dimension of absolute peace and regain a new sense of perspective.
- 8. Want to discuss how Chromotherapy may help you?Any questions you may have about chromotherapy or any of the products advertised on our website, please get in touch with us. We are always on hand to help.
You can contact us by navigating to our Contact page and filling out brief details or alternatively you can call us on: 0141 225 0438 lines open from 9:00 - 19:30